• Plans menus for all food outlets in the club.• Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.• Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.• Ensure that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.• Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.• Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.• Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistent high quality and to minimize food costs:’ exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.• Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.• Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings.• Consults with the Food & Beverage Director about food production aspects of special events being planned.• Cook or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.• Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.• Interacts with food and beverage management to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and guests.• In conjunction with F & B management team, assist in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.• Evaluates products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met.• Develops policies procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of –the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.• Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.• Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.• Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend service lineups and meetings.• Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.• Perform other duties as directed.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or ExperienceBachelor’s degree from four-year College or university or four years related experience and/ or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.Language SkillsAbility to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers committees, suppliers, members and employees.Computer SkillsWorking knowledge of various computer software programs.Mathematical SkillsAbility to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.Reasoning AbilityAbility to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situtaions where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.Certificates, License, RegistrationsCertificate of completion from trade school. Driver’s license.Physical DemandsWhile performing the duties of this job the employees is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel reach with hands and arms and stoop kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- Transportation.- Group Medical Policy.
*Make a difference.*Join an experienced team.
- Opportunities for promotion
- Possibility for job training
- Learn new skills and techniques