• Providing secretarial and general departmental administrative support to the Managing Counsel.• Assisting the Managing Counsel in implementing standard operating procedures across the department e.g. leave application, offsite appointments, sharing of legal folders on oneDrive etc.• Maintaining filing records of relevant correspondence and agreements.• Preparing fair copies of legal agreements for sign-off. • Assisting with the organisation of events and weekly reporting meetings, including e.g. arranging room bookings and facilities, making sure any soft or hard copy material is ready and distributed when needed, making scheduled reminder calls to invitees, recording attendance to workshops, training and other project events.• Maintaining admin records relating to the Legal Department including e.g. leave records and claims.• Liaising with various internal departments such as Finance, Protocol, IT, CEO’s Office, Chairman’s Office and external partners & stakeholders.
• Detailed and thorough in work and presentation.• Proactive in problem-solving.• Must be able to communicate clearly with people from many different levels of seniority, country and cultural backgrounds. • Excellent spoken English is essential. Written English must also be to a very good standard.• Fluent Myanmar is required and a Myanmar National is preferred.• Good competency level of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.• Fast learner, with an enthusiasm for learning new things.• Comfortable working in busy environment and good at multitasking.• Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience is required.
- An awesome company
- Join a winning team
- You can make a difference
- Opportunities for promotion
- Possibility for job training
- Learn new skills and techniques
Born in Myanmar, Mr Serge Pun immigrated to Beijing in 1965 and subsequently to Hong Kong where in1983, after working in the property industry for many years, he founded the Serge Pun & Associates Group in Hong Kong as a real estate developer. In the early 1990’s Mr Pun and members of his family returned to Myanmar and founded SPA (Myanmar) Ltd. (“SPA”). Today there are 40 operating companies under SPA’s umbrella, including three flagship public companies – First Myanmar Investment Co., Ltd. (“FMI”), Yoma Strategic Holdings Ltd. (“Yoma Strategic”) and Memories Group Ltd. (“Memories”). In 2015, FMI became the first company to list on the Yangon Stock Exchange with Yoma Strategic and Memories listing on the Singapore Stock Exchange in 2006 and 2018 respectively. Collectively the businesses focus on six key sectors, namely Real Estate, Financial Services, Healthcare, Consumer, Automotive & Heavy Equipment and Tourism. The Group also manages a portfolio of other investments. The Group’s list of international partners includes many distinguished international organisations and renowned brands in sectors like Finance (IFC, ADB, Wave Money), Real Estate (Mitsubishi Corporation, Mitsubishi Estate, The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels), Consumer (Pernod Rickard, Yum! Brands, Metro Group, Kokubu & Co), telecommunications towers (edotco), power generation (Norfund), and in Automotive & Heavy Equipment (Mitsubishi Corporation, Sumitomo Corporation, Volkswagen, Ducati, New Holland, and JCB).About Yoma Strategic Listed on the Main Board of the Singapore Securities Exchange Trading Limited (SGX-ST), Yoma Strategic is a leading business corporation with a diversified portfolio of businesses in Real Estate, Consumer, Automotive & Heavy Equipment, Financial Services and Investments in Myanmar. Together with its partner, the SPA Group, Yoma Strategic is taking a conglomerate approach to build a diversified portfolio of businesses in Myanmar. The Company was ranked in the top 5% of the Governance and Transparency Index 2017, ranked 26th out of top 100 largest Singapore companies in the ASEAN Corporate Governance Scorecard 2017 and won the Best Managed Board (Gold) Award at the Singapore Corporate Awards in 2016.About FMI FMI is one of Myanmar's largest public companies with over 8,000 shareholders and an unbroken track record of profitability and dividend payments since inception in 1992. FMI’s current focus is on its “four pillar” strategy of investing in the Financial Services, Real Estate, Tourism and Healthcare sectors. FMI became the first company to be listed on the Yangon Stock Exchange on 25, March 2016.