• Implement proactive and efficient measures to mitigate identified risks and provide comprehensive security service of the highest quality, ensuring that threats to company personnel, assets and business operations within the country are properly identified, evaluated and countered in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Ensures that Security risk management processes are implemented and maintained in the company. Report into the Business the identified Security risks once a year for the top team and review/ update the Security and Business risk register. Ensures that changes in business environment and business model are highlighted and risks assessed to business accordingly.
• Conducts fact findings/investigations of security incidents/breaches with a view to determining facts, identifying weaknesses, drawing appropriate and supportable conclusions, and making recommendations to prevent recurrence.
• Manages strategic and tactical planning and coordination of the security function aligned with the organization’s overall business objectives. Identifies significant risks, designs, and implements strategies, policies and programs to prevent and reduce losses to company reputation, resources and revenue.
• Provide timely advice based on analysis /assessment of security risk / threat and impact to enable well informed business decisions through Group Security Risk Management process.
• When mandated by Business or upon a Security incident conduct security enquiries, investigations, and reviews of security breaches across the company.
• Manages strategic and tactical planning and coordination of the security function aligned with the organization’s overall business objectives. Identifies significant risks, designs, and implements strategies, policies, and programs to prevent and reduce losses to company reputation, resources, and revenue.
• Drives local security policy and ensures that security procedures within the company are in line with the global security policies and Best Practices.
• Supporting strategies and policies associated with information security and their implementation within the organization.
• Ensures that proper risk management processes are implemented and maintained in the company. Organizes risk management meetings. Ensures that changes in business environment and business model are highlighted and risks assessed to business accordingly.
• Through site managers coordinates and implements site security, operations, and activities to ensure protection of executives, managers, employees, physical assets and information assets, while ensuring optimal use of personnel and equipment.
• Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the state-of-the-art security equipment standards and technology encompassing all security products. Recommends to management system solutions to specific security concerns identified through customer requests and security audits.
• Develops and manages the capital and expense budget for the department.
• Devises and co-ordinates appropriate specialist security / business continuity training in respect of security and/or other nominated personnel employed within PTC.
• Leads the development, implementation and maintenance of strategy, systems and services for the integrated management of risks to minimise the risk to the effective delivery of corporate objective.
• Plans, develops, and manages the corporate Emergency Preparedness/Disaster Recovery programs for the company under senior management direction.
• Identifies, develops, and manages resources for the attainment of corporate security goals and objectives.
• Ensures that service providers adhere to contractual obligations and provide the highest quality security services to the company.
• Ensures that periodical reports i.e. security monthly review, Loss reports, etc are submitted to the concerned authorities in line with company policies.
• Provides leadership direction to the management and staff within the department and develops succession plans for the security and risk functions.
• Advises senior management on an ongoing basis, on:
- The current security situation in the country, including terrorism and criminality
- The general security threats to company personnel), assets, reputation, information and business operations (including the distribution chain) and of any changes in the threat as soon as these occur.
- Cost effective, timely and appropriate measures to counter security threats.
• Develops and maintains professional standards and effectiveness of all subordinate security and risk management staff, throughout the Company to raise quality and eradicate performance shortfalls.
• Plans/devises and sets goals for the security and risk management team in relation to departmental operational effectiveness, individual achievements, and profession development.
• Implements Security Awareness Programmes for all employees and where appropriate valued business partners, to ensure full cross-functional commitment to security policies, procedures and strategies through communication, education, and evaluation of initiatives.
• Develops close relationships with high-level law enforcement, security, intelligence agencies and private sector counterparts countrywide for obtaining practical and material assistance for mitigating security risks to the business.
• Develops synergy with other functions for alignment and integration with the business at all levels to enable business excellence.
• Develops and maintains relationships with the Global/Regional Security Functions with the aim of soliciting their support/guidance and for migration of best practice.