Main Purpose of the Job
- The Technician Craft Single-Skilled is professionally competent and qualified to operate safely at a post apprentice level in either Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. The Discipline requirement is set by the factory dependant on the Skills balance it seeks.
- The Technician Craft Single-Skilled is responsible for ensuring maximum availability of production plant across the Sourcing Unit utilising excellent technical skills for improvements and modifications and sound application of TPM methodology. All actions must contribute to the delivery of operational KPIs (Productivity, Quality, Safety, Health and Environment, Cost, Delivery, Morale and Innovation (PQSCDMI)). She/he must be a mentally agile and advanced problem solver who is able to maximise machinery operations whilst minimising waste. The Technician Craft Single-Skilled must be able to coach and develop the Operator's core technical awareness and skills.
Technical – Dependent on Engineering Discipline the Technician Craft Single-Skilled should be technically expert in the core manufacturing requirements specific to her/his qualification:
- Mechanical - Maintenance Specialist and user of Condition Based Monitoring.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of Machining and Fabrication.
- Mechanical - Conduct machinery assembly, sub-assembly and component repairs.
- Mechanical/ Electrical - Deep knowledge of Automation and Control. Well known in machines operation of the whole plant. Must have knowledge about GMP and HACCP base on food safety procedure.
- Electrical - Qualified to establish power distribution systems and electrical control circuits.
- Electrical - Able to install electrical drive systems and Control Loops.
- Electrical - Optimize control instrumentation and sensors.
- PLC - Able to conduct software programme modifications and fault finding. Manage Programme Logic Control and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Networks (eg Programme modifications, Force Devices and fault finding).
- PLC - Produce a Program for a PLC to Control a Specified Process supported by appropriate documentation.
- Focus to reduce break down time which is important to support meet the target of production.
- Well knowledge on spare parts management and must analyze the resource of necessary spare parts considering by both safety stock and production needed.
- Support to improve OEE and OR of production target.
- To fulfill and lead any (maintenance as per requirement, machine innovation and infrastructure renovation) project which purpose is to increase productivity, cost management, improvement in safety and quality requirement etc.,
- Must follow basic professional engineering rules and regulations of WCM, such as:
_Professional Maintenance (PM)
_Autonomous Maintenance (AM)
_Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
_Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
_Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE)
- Safety - Utilize appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole team.
- Environment - Reduce costs due to waste and minimise impact to health, safety and the environment through working to eliminate waste and through the correct management of waste and hazardous materials.
- Quality - Ensure that all aspects of Quality within the area of responsibility are in accordance with local Quality procedures to protect and promote the brand and product.
- Leadership - Promote the development of a highly effective team through strong communication, leading by example whilst keeping focused on goals and targets. Great teams and great leaders will achieve superior performance.
- Continuous Improvement - Use performance measures to identify and priorities losses in production area. Apply rigorous Cost Deployment and the Zero loss concept to eliminate losses.
- TPM - Knowledge and understanding of the key principles of Totally Productive Maintenance (TPM).
- Problem Solving - Has the ability to identify, priorities and address problems using appropriate tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence. Must well know in Emergency Work Order (EWO), such as 5W+1H, root cause analysis, 5G.
- Project Management - Achieve the desired outcomes of the project in line with agreed plans using appropriate project management tools and techniques to ensure the efficient use of technical, financial and human resources.
- Business Awareness - Understanding of the need to meet changing demands and the role of marketing and product innovation in growing the business and increasing the company's share.
Role and Responsibility for Food Safety Implementation
To ensure people and resources are applied in an efficient and effective manner to meet delivery requirements while achieving quality and safety standards
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
• Collaborate with Production Leader to ensure equipment such as metal detector and Lux meter is calibrated with frequency as per Calibration master plan and all systems are functioning correctly then submit the data to QA Head for review
• Ensure that deep root cause analysis for nonconformity happens (especially food safety) and finding out solutions together with Team member
• Establish and Ensure compliance with Perquisite Program (PRPs such as Machine Hygiene Design, Layouts, Piping dead ends, etc)
• Compliance with FSSC requirement when supplying machines or equipment which have product contact (eg. Stainless steel must be 316L grade as a minimum, etc)
• Supervise the operation crew to ensure all the parameter to the standard
• Ensure that the escalation procedure for quality concerns is followed
• Manage work order closures and spare parts stock control transactions
• Monitor the execution of the preventive maintenance plan and regularly updating the plan according to machine condition and history to ensure Food Safety
• Undertake continuous training and development for Food Safety and Respective concerned jobs
• Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required
• Ensure full adherence to 5S (Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) practices at all times
• Participate in inspection and monitoring of FM (bolts and nuts, etc) with Quality Team
• Initiate and lead every change in Machine and Equipment in Plant
• Retaining the documents required for Internal/External Audit purpose concern.
• To lead the production crew to meet food safety objectives
Utilities – air, water, energy
• Supervise in adequate provision of utility supply in production and storage area with standard criteria
• Review record of preventive maintenance plan and repairing record for utility equipment, observance of Lighting assessment in all working environment, operation process and inspection area with clean condition
• Ensure that all lighting in working area must be compliance with glass control program
• Monitor the water treatment process as plan maintenance and water testing at external laboratory periodically
• Provide efficient maintenance to utility equipment (boilers, compressors etc.) and supervision of handling on chemical used
• Perform periodic cleaning practice in water tanks
• Responsible in Food Defense and Food Fraud (Assess area control : Chemical Stores, Water treatment area, waste area, tanks,etc)