· Develops the audit vision that provides integrity to business leaders.
· Sets the strategy for Internal Audit and Corporate Governance
· Develops and maintains strong relationships and communications with the Audit Committee to ensure concerns are addressed and expectations met; approves and oversees the reports to the Audit Committee and senior . management which address key business risks and control issues within the Company.
· Provides leadership in the development of audit plans, procedures and programs to evaluate the adequacy of the company’s internal control environment.
· Develops and maintains strong working relationship with external auditors to ensure effectiveness of service delivery and appropriate resolution of findings/issues identified.
· Works closely with Corporate Affairs and Legal Department on compliance programs involving Government regulations, Business Ethics and Integrity.
· Develops an organizational competency in the audit function by identifying and integrating best practices in work flow, measurement, technologies and resource configuration.
· Oversees internal audit processes of the enterprise as well as the specific administrative activities associated with operating the Internal Audit (business planning, reporting, budgeting, etc.)