The Head of Internal Controls works with its internal business customers to help develop and improve governance, processes, systems, controls and understanding of risks. Responsible for planning, executing and reporting audits, as well providing advice on control and risk issues. Reporting directly to the CFO with interface and responsibilities to the Audit & Risk Committee.
• Coordinate implementation of all Telenor Group Governing Policies, manuals, procedures and processes with the owners within the organization.
• Identify process gaps within the organization and drive documentation and implementation of processes ensuring that necessary controls are embedded within such processes.
• Coordinate implementation of Internal Controls (ICFR) framework on designated areas as per Telenor Group methodology.
• Ensure all financial reporting risks are mitigated either through controls or compensatory activities.
• Support in improving awareness of Internal Control processes among the Stakeholders.
• Regular review & analysis of controls to increase / maintain efficiency & effectiveness.
• Management reporting.
• Ensure quality of documents for assigned processes/documents and update Internal Controls System Accordingly.
• Act as the Company interface for audit processes, including reviewing and observing operations and activities, interviewing and discussing with the auditors regarding process in order to ensure checks and balances and to identify areas of risk and concern in internal controls and procedures.
• Summarizing key findings and recommendations, and discuss with management in order to obtain action plans with timeframes that address any findings
• Develop action plans and ensure that the required measures have been implemented within timeframes
• Present findings and reports for executives and relevant committees for internal control improvement
• Advise management on governance, processes, systems, controls and risks mitigation.
• Execute work taking into consideration internal audit best practices and following Telenor Group guiding, and also catering to relevant regulations e.g. from the Central Bank.
• Ensure that tasks assigned are being delivered / performed accurately, completely and timely.
This position has to communicate with various stakeholders such as, national counterparts, regulators and government authorities, partner organizations, corporate clients, investors, financial sponsor, business partners and suppliers, peers and community. In simplest way, we define anyone who comes into contact with Wave Money/ DMM as a stake holders.
• Partnership : Successful professional approaches to collaboration with all stakeholders and team;
• Communication: Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication; Constructively challenge those with power and authority
• Management: Create a positive and productive work environment, Model proper staff behavior and promote inclusive practices; Create a sense of shared responsibility/credit for accomplishments
and shared responsibility for challenges or failures; Lead an efficient and effective organizational operation according to best practices.
• Decision-making : Delegate appropriate decisions and responsibilities; Make clear and timely decisions; Fair and transparent decision making
• Organizational Development: Create a work environment in which learning is; creating an emotionally intelligent organization, staff competence; Building and promoting effective teams, creating an environment of creativity and innovation.