- The Head of Operation will oversee all of the daily Operations of the Wellington Pharmacy Shop in Shop across Capital, G&G and standalone stores and taking responsibility of store level P&L ownership. They need to be passionate about delivering exceptional levels of customer service and driving sales and all KPI including implementing or ownership of business project. HOO will manage the store’s employees, including hiring, performance evaluation, headcount control and assigning duties and responsibilities by training, coaching and developing the team.
- The Head of Operation will be responsible for motivated & engaging staff and to ensure the staff represents and embraces CDSG Core Values and understand Retail Cluster goals. They will also hold regular team meetings to communicate with their direct report and other functions.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal & SOP requirements.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing retail operational policies and procedures manual
- Implement and maintain retail operational policies and procedures to incorporate a sales plan, cost control, shrinkage management and reduction, audit compliance and people management
- Contributes to future development at strategic and operational level
- Plans, identifies, communicates and delegates key responsibilities and practices to the store management team to ensure smooth flow of retail operations
- Increase sales to maximize profitability while reducing costs through well managed operational controls
- Drive sales and retail improvements through analysis and support.
- Propose measures to improve operational performance
- Ongoing review of sales results versus targets and budget
- Ensures store operations requirements are fulfilled to include target headcounts, assigning employees, follow up on work results
- Maintains store staff by assisting in recruitment, selection, orientation and training.
- Maintains store staff results by coaching, counselling, disciplining, planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Protects staff by providing safe and clean environment.
- Commercial communication to all staff.
- Develop the sales staff and support areas to optimize sales and profits.
- Create and develop a coaching culture as well as promoting an environment that promotes diversity.
- Lead the store team to deliver a profitable business.
- Ensure staff have a high level of customer awareness and product knowledge.
- Liaise with Training Department to develop and manage the company's sales and product training programs
- Reviewing merchandise activities, determining additional sales promotion, authorization stock clearance and studying trends.
- Market merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotions, display plans, analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Set the highest international merchandise standards
- Liaise with Buying department to ensure range and stock levels are consistent with business requirements.
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing budgets, operating expenditure, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Maximize sales and profitability for the company
- Set monthly targets, monthly and annual budgets
- Update forecast results
- Work closely with CEO to provide quality retail information and reporting
- Identifies current and future requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements
- Protects customers by providing safe and clean environment
- Take account of customers’ needs and shopping habits and competitor activity
- Use a range of internal and external information data to initiate business changes and create a customer focused culture