• Solid technical background with hands-on experience in Mild Steel or others material fabrication and welding using Mild Steel or others materials
• Supervision of welding such as assess welded surfaces, structures and components to identify errors and weld components in flat, vertical and overhead positions
• Identification of welding methods, maintain welding procedures specification and quality controls
• Supervision and monitoring of existing suppliers or sub-contractors including quality, schedule and general performance. Making recommendations where necessary
• Supervising and training of younger site engineers including general mentorship
• Testing and certification of completed welding work in accordance with RJE QA policies.
• Management of electrical materials, stock and tooling.
• Communication with RJE Design Engineers and Project Managers as required.
• Completion of red-line drawing updates and QA documentation.
• Support work site health and safety requirements in accordance with RJE HSE policies.
• Supervise the mechanical work, provide the leadership and ensure RJE best practice policies are followed.
• Interpret mechanical drawings and understand the requirements of designs.
• Plan mechanical installations and ensure correct and sufficient materials are available to complete the work.
• Manage site tools and inventory in accordance with RJE Asset Management Policy
• Manage mechanical stores in line with installation requirements and design BOQ’s.
• Ensure that the work site housekeeping is maintained to a high standard.
• Ensure mechanical or welding testing & QA practices are conducted in accordance with RJE policies and procedures.
• Other necessarily tasks as per Managers & Senior Managers instructions.
• Mechanical Engineering Bachelors’ degree required; Ship Yard, Steel Structure Construction preferred
• Competent in reading and understanding English.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience working on steel work
• Strong experience in Auto CAD & Microsoft software
• Good experiences in measuring, cutting and welding of mild steel material.
• Knowledge of relative safety standards for construction sites and high voltage installations.
• Willing to learn and teach others such as for welders’ team
• Reliable, responsible and able to work independently work schedule
Rewards for over performance
Join an experienced team
Learn new skills on the job
Welcome to RJE Global. We’re an Australian-owned, engineering and construction company with a reputation for delivering innovative, client-focused solutions that get the job done.Established in 1996, RJE provides multi-discipline engineering and construction services to complex projects across a diverse range of industries including:- Mining and Resources- Energy and Renewables- Utilities and InfrastructureRobin Johnson Engineering rebranded to RJE Global in 2015, to better suit the global nature of the business. With over 250 employees, we provide everything from initial project ideas to full operations, both within Australia and internationally. Across our diverse service offering and products, we can provide complete ‘turnkey’ solutions.