Yoma Bank’s Products, Services, and Channels Division is responsible for developing and managing the bank’s financial services, products and services, and managing digital channels. We are inspired by building financial services that put our customers at the center. We gather information about customers and markets. We iterate through prototype tests with customers until we make the solution work and build it to scale.
Our Digital Channels team is committed to the common goal to deliver and manage a relevant and innovative suite of Digital applications and solutions for Yoma Bank customers. To help achieve this, the Product Owner for Digital Channels will work closely and effectively with various teams across the bank, particularly with Business, Technology and Operations teams. The Product Owner performs a key role in working with the scrum teams, managing external vendors and will play an essential role in the success and timely launch of products.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The right candidate will have a combination of product development, market understanding and technical skills in developing financial products, preferably in mobile, web and payments products. Your education and work experience will need to show that you have the training and professional background for the necessary skills.
You will manage product development through the entire product cycle, from design, implementation, and business as usual. You will do this in very close collaboration with other members of the scrum teams and with the support of practice area specialists in the Products, Services, and Channels Division in service design, UX design, business process analysis, and data analysis. You will also work very closely with our Business, Technology and Operations counterparts.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Defining product release plans, backlog and driving timely and successful achievement of these through strong project management discipline.
- Management of backlog of features and functionalities that deliver continued value for our customers and competency for our business.
- Analyzing and identifying improvements to operational processes (both in HQ and branches) to support robustness of products.
- Developing detailed business requirements, design specifications, including user stories, interaction flows, business rules, and screen shots
- Coordinating with the Technical Lead to support the journey through the project life cycle from launch through business-as-usual
- Coordinating and participating in sprint rituals to track development of product features
- Ensuring close coordination between business analysts and solutions architects to ensure that product designs are aligned with robust and scalable technical solutions
- Leading SOP development to support new product or feature implementation.
- Overseeing User Acceptance Testing and prioritization of changes required for product launch
- Implementing product prototype testing and feedback loops to gather customer response to both early stage design and FUT / beta testing cycles
- Regularly translating both qualitative / customer-generated insights and BI insights into effective product and strategy decisions.
- Developing Pilot and Go-To-Market/launch plans that align with the above and Yoma Bank’s broader objectives and KPIs
- Understanding of legal and compliance documentation is a plus and so is having experience in writing Standard Operating Procedures.