WWF-Myanmar is now inviting applications for a Safeguards & Risk Manager based in Yangon, Myanmar/ Flexible.
WWF, an independent conservation organization, works to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. Working with others, WWF urgently seeks to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
The primary role of Safeguards and Risk Manager will be to work with WWF Myanmar field, programme, and operations teams as well as partners and stakeholders to ensure that social and environmental safeguards processes and risks are understood, appreciated and embedded in all places where we work and interact with local communities. Key to this will be embedding the ESSF and Risk management into all stages of our project cycle.
The Safeguards & Risk Manager is the WWF Myanmar focal point responsible for leading the development and updating of, and supporting the implementation and reporting on the Environmental and Social Safeguards Framework (ESSF) and Risk Management Plan and ensure that the no-harm principle is applied to the work of WWF Myanmar. The role leads the due diligence work in coordination with programme teams, including training, guidance, knowledge management and monitoring. The Safeguards and risk manager is also responsible for building capacity of WWF staff and relevant third parties for better understanding and implementation of the ESSF and risk related policies.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the WWF Myanmar focal point for ESSF and Risk Management.
- Coordinate integrating the ESSF in WWF Myanmar landscapes and as part of overall project design and the project cycle, help teams to screen projects to identify risks, design mitigation measures.
- Support landscape and programme managers to screen their landscape and projects using the ESSF screening tool and develop landscape mitigation frameworks.
- Work closely with the Conservation Strategy, Impact and Innovation Manager on inclusion of ESSF and risk management status and implementation in reporting and strategy development
- Develop country level guidelines / communication materials
- Provide guidance on ESSF and other social and risk management policies and procedures to WWF’s third parties covered by contract agreements (service providers, consultants, counterparts).
- Coordinate with the WWF Myanmar finance team on financial risk management, and ensure reporting to WWF International incorporates both ESSF and risk-related measures and updates.
- Organise regular safeguards and risk management and compliance training (including induction for new staff) for WWF Myanmar staff and relevant partners on WWF’s environmental and social safeguards, other associated WWF approved social policies and risk management
The detailed job description is at http://www.wwf.org.mm/en/myanmar_career_page/
Closing Date: 16 September 2021 (Thursday)
Interested candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org or send a hard copy cover letter and curriculum vitae in English to 15C, Than Taman Street, Dagon Township Yangon, stating the applied position title. Email application documents should be addressed as Document_Your fullname.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.