The Security Manager manages all the IT hardware, security systems and software to protect DPS Security’s client sites though intelligent video surveillance and intrusion detection. The Hard Security Manager will strive to deliver the latest technology regarding site security and video surveillance. Key Metrics: Systems advantage vs. competition, Customer Satisfaction (NPS), Uptime, Detection Quality. Responsible for the design and implementation of all day-to-day IT and security hardware and software including video surveillance systems, facial recognition software, intrusion detection systems, communication systems and central monitoring systems with support from external vendors.
• Demonstrated ability to eﬀectively lead teams of 10+ people
• Fluency in English and excellent written communication skills.
• Refined project management skills including the ability to implement new security systems, IT, processes and analytical thinking
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to handle internal and external issues in a calm, positive, and professional manner.
• Eﬀective presentation and training skills.
Key Area 1: Systems design and Implementation
• Design and implement the required hardware and software security systems as envisioned in DPS Security business plan including but not limited to:
- Intelligent video surveillance: Camera and recording systems at client locations to be secured with associated smart software for e.g customer/employee identification, fraud detection, etc
- Intrusion detection at client locations to be secured
- Communication systems
- Central monitoring system
• Helps shape the systems vision through knowledge of latest security technology
• Ensures the right trade-off between customer requirements, system capabilities and system costs and puts these forward to management at appropriate times
• Develops & ensures adhesion to agreed operating standards and procedures ensuring compliance and adherence to statutory/government obligations
Key Area 2: Vendor Management
• Identifies and meets with vendors and manufacturers to identify potential suppliers to deliver the required systems
• Where appropriate, runs a competitive tendering system to ensure the lowest cost/highest quality vendor for key components
• Works with the selected vendors/manufacturers to implement the implementation of the security solutions. Manages vendors to prevent cost overruns and to resolve system problems
Key Area 3: Systems Management
• Take responsibility for meeting or exceeding system capabilities, reliability and performance at clients and DPS sites
• Continue to improve system capabilities and new features, whilst improving efficiencies and reliability
• Ensures maintenances of security systems both reactive and planned
• Responsible for maintenance, smooth running and efficiency of security systems
• Maintain the highest level of Health and Safety at all times, ensuring your safety and the safety of others during the course of your duties