1. Leads a small team of QS's with a clear role of teaching, mentoring and up-skilling with a focus on general Quantity Surveying skills such as (but not limited to) estimation, detailed cost plans, price comparisons, BoQ preparation.
2. Estimating project costs including preparing detailed Cost Plan (3 types) and Bills of Quantities from early design information including budget costs for feasibility studies.
3. Procurement / Sub-Contractor award including preparing Requests for Proposals (RFP), Scopes of Works (SoW), bid clarifications, tender questionnaires, tender recommendations, price / cost comparisons, negotiating and drafting Contracts.
4. Building a Cost Data Base including sourcing quotations from domestic and international Suppliers, Consultants and Contractors.
5. Contract drafting and administration including preparing Contracts, collating comments from across the PM team, assessing interim payment applications (progress claims), variations / claims, Extensions of Time (EoT) and Final Accounts. Also reviewing and responding to Contractual claims, preparation and issue of letters, notices and contractual correspondence to Clients and / or Contractors to assist the Project Manager in the prevention and settlement of contractual disputes.
6. Proactive cost control for projects including transparent and competitive procurement and contractual administration / management processes.
7. Proactively identifies inefficiencies in existing operations, procedures, documentation and systems, suggests solutions to these issues, discusses with management and is actively involved in addressing the same.