• Provide guidance to the Branch Audit Managers on branch grading methodology, risk assessment, scope, and frequency of branch audits and finalise the risk-based audit plan in consultation with the Head of Internal Audit• Review and maintain policies and procedures, recommend amendments required (if any) and ensure that such amendments are complied with• Monitor the implementation of risk-based audit plan for identified branches and provide inputs on a periodic basis• Identify risks based on prioritization of audit areas and allocation of audit resources in accordance with the risk assessment• Monitor audit engagements, ensuring consistency with auditing principles and practice. Also, ensure compliance with regulatory requirements applicable for branch banking and bank’s internal policies and procedures while performing the audit• Ensure finalization of audit reports for branches including action plans and discuss the executive summary of audit observations with the Head of Internal Audit• Analyze trends in the ‘High’ and ‘Medium’ risk category within branches. Escalate issues/serious deficiencies posing threat to the Bank’s business to the Head of Internal Audit and appropriate level of Management• Identify need for follow-on audits to validate the remedial actions put in place and ad-hoc audits to address risks assessed during the year.• Provide Head of Internal Audit with regular progress reports and information in an accurate and timely manner and/or as requested• Assist Head of Internal Audit in the preparation of department’s performance data and activity reports• Perform an advisory role for all Smart Branch VCGMs from an audit and compliance perspective, to ensure overall operational efficiency, effectiveness and delivery of superior client service • Drive a performance-based culture in the team by timely monitoring, review of performance parameters and feedback to the team members • Build effective working relationships with other functions and employees conductive to positive collaborations and team efforts that contributes to bank’s overall success• Keep abreast of new developments, methods and techniques in banking industry• Identify skillset needed to perform the audit activities and support team members in their career progression
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, ideally in accounting and auditing, business administration or economics from an accredited university in Myanmar or abroad or professional certification and training in banking, accounting and auditing• Professional qualification such as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) and Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) • Advanced level of English language (Written and spoken)• Advanced level of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook)• Fundamental knowledge of audit software and banking software• Thorough understanding of applicable laws including Myanmar Financial Institutions Law, regulations, directives, instructions and guidelines issued by the Central Bank of Myanmar• Minimum 10 years of experience in a financial institution with at least 6-8 years in internal audit/ risk/ compliance; • Team management experience for 5-6 years• Strong knowledge of standard audit practices and ability to apply them;• Strong investigative skills and attention to details• In depth knowledge of financial and operational audit; including bank or financial institution policies and procedures;• Ability to develop a comprehensive internal audit program for a bank;• Ability to lead and manage audit teams;• High ethical standards and integrity in both their personal and professional dealings;• Excellent communication skills
Reward for over performance.
- An awesome company
- Join a winning team
- You can make a difference
- Opportunities for promotion
- Possibility for job training
- Learn new skills and techniques
Since 2000, Executive Search has prided itself on being a market leader in the Myanmar recruitment industry. With a broad international client base, Executive Search can match the right staff with outstanding career opportunities at all levels of industry.Executive Search was established by Cynda Dunkley, an Australian national, and in conjunction with her professional team has been providing carefully selected staff for Myanmar-based and international companies for over a decade.Now Myanmar is open for business and Executive Search is at the forefront providing recruitment solutions for large national and international business and SME’s.Years of successful operation and tens-of-thousands of successful placements later, we are a business who knows the business of people. Our vast network of candidates, who regularly refer their friends and colleagues, are a testament to the level of trust and esteem we’ve built in the Myanmar market.