As a Senior Project Officer you will report to the Country Representative.Job Summary:This role is ideal for those working in the development sector, who seek to further enhance their research and management skills at an exciting, fast-paced, international company. The Senior Project Officer will lead short-term projects across the country, as well as assist in the management of our longer-term programmes with the government. The role will expose you to a variety of sectors, regions, clients, and households. Your responsibilities will include the following:Project Implementation:› Undertaking desk-based and in-field research for projects;› Undertake project survey and consulting work;› Managing financial (creating and updating Project Expenditure Plans) and administrative works (receipts, forms, etc.);› Ensuring quality of project implementation, making trips to the field when necessary;› Communicating with clients when asked to ensure that projects are implemented efficiently;› Managing conflict and risk relating to projects in collaboration with the Country Representative and Chief Economist; › Edit reports from external consultants;› Managing contracts and payment matters with consultants;› Capability in project management;› Work closely with the government and client ministries;› Supervise and guide the work of junior project implementation staff.Other Miscellaneous Tasks• Interpreting and translating documents between English and Burmese;• Assisting with training and other workshops where needed; and• Other general tasks.All of your inputs should be submitted and approved by the Country Representative before submitting to the MKE Board of Management and external stakeholders (clients, partners, or external consultants).
• Around 3 to 5 years of experience in the development/foreign aid/NGO sector.• Experience conducting fieldwork and survey/household survey research.• At least a Bachelor’s degree, preferably a Master’s.• Ability and willingness to travel frequently within the country, including frequent travel to Naypyitaw and/or sensitive regions in the country.• Ability and willingness to interact with government officials and international donor agencies.• Excellent spoken and written English.Application Procedure:Interested persons should send an application letter outlining their motivation and suitability for this position and a full CV and minimum expected salary in MMK, no later than 10th February 2019.
Meal + Travel allowance on travel time
- An awesome company
- Join a winning team
- You can make a difference
- Opportunities for promotion
- Possibility for job training
- Learn new skills and techniques
Mekong Economics has a broad base of experience in the Greater Mekong Subregion. We have worked on large projects for numerous donor agencies including the World Bank, several divisions of the United Nations, Australian Aid, Finnish Aid, Irish Aid, the Asian Development Bank, and several governments. Projects cover a wide array of topics, among them health, education, international trade policy, and infrastructure. MKE applies our expertise in a variety of manners: surveys, monitoring and evaluation, market analysis, data reviews, and baseline evaluation, and more.